Wednesday, November 23, 2011

desert ghosts

Dear blog, I want to apologize for being silent for so long. So many months have passed...so much has happened in my life and in this incredible city that I live in, it is hard to keep on top of documenting it all! I am currently in the middle of some major transitions yet again, but I hope to post a couple of more times before 2011 draws to a close.

Just a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit the desert after almost 7 months of being away, see some of my most favorite people in the whole word, and attend The All Souls Procession with my love. How fascinating it is to see memories superimposed over reality, things changing, growing, evolving! I had forgotten the last time I had simply walked the Procession -- for years, I have been a performer, so I experienced the event very differently. A part of my heart will always stay in Tucson, I think, regardless of how far I wander, or how much I may love colder weather, moody oceans, and forest-covered mountains. Its funny to realize just how much that dusty desert city imprinted on me in the years I spent there, and how deeply its magic settled in myself.

There is nothing like it.












No comments: