Monday, May 30, 2011

summertime

I have been keeping busy, making some much-needed adjustments in my life and generally trying to keep afloat.

One of the biggest changes is that I will be starting a new job this coming week as the Marketing & Communications Manager at AcroSports. I'm really looking forward to this transition, and am honored to be a part of the AcroSports community. While I am grateful for my previous work situation, it was definitely not the right place for me, and caused a fair amount of stress and unhappiness. I think I will be much, much happier and healthier at AcroSports.

I've also been getting ready for Faerieworlds, where I will be sharing a booth with some very talented and beloved artist friends (old and new), including Maria Thomas and Kimberly Piet. I can't begin to say how excited I am about this - its probably the highlight of my summer. The Anatomia Dance Collective performed at Faerieworlds last year, and I was very pleased and surprised to find a bit of footage from our performance on the Faerieworlds 2011 promo trailer:



Its only a little bit, but you can see us at 0:22 and around 0:38
:]




I will not be performing this year - just selling some masks and jewelery and prints instead. I've been itching to make masks since the Winter Masquerade, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to do so. Besides, I spend so much time staring at a computer these days, its wonderful to sit down and actually work with my hands. Living in SF gives me access to all kinds of resources and materials I could have only dreamed of in Tucson (like a 5-story fabric store, whee!), so this has been a very fun process indeed.

Some process shots below...perhaps if I get my act together in time, there will be an Etsy shop up around the time of the festival:























Bones, feathers, beads, leather, and Oregon woods - this is going to be a good summer!

No comments: