Friday, October 1, 2010

mountains/ocean/forests

Ah yes, another long pause in blogging means that tremendously exciting things have been afoot!

I suppose the most exciting thing of all is that I now live and work in San Francisco:







Its a bit of a long story (which involves endless kindness from friends and strangers, Oregon woods, Brian & Wendy Froud, exquisite East-bay co-ops, a variety of couches, beets, and several bizarre adventures), but to sum it all up: I have been dreaming of moving North, out of the desert and towards mountains, ocean, and forests for ages and ages...and I have been in love with San Francisco for close to a decade...So! this fall, I got rid of most of my stuff, packed my bags, and finally made the jump!


I've only been here for a couple of weeks now, working a new job and getting acclimated but I'm a pleasantly surprised at how natural the transition has been for me. The culture, the history, the people who live here, the spectacular arts and technology, the beautiful Victorian houses (I have a huge weak spot for Victorian architecture), the fog that creeps into the city like a giant milky ghost...this place is truly, truly amazing. Some days, when I see the sun set over the water in the West, the ocean bleeding golden light into the city, I can hardly believe its all real, and that I'm actually, finally here.


To continue the trend of locality and what-not, my Witch cards (and perhaps soon other things!) are now available for sale at a lovely San Francisco store called Cherish (which happens to be right down the street from where I live.) They have a beautiful selection of work from local artists, and various cards, paper, and other delightful objects that are definitely worth checking out if you're ever in the area.


I hope to tell you more about my adventures and current projects in the coming months now that I am more or less settled and living a much more stable life (and oh my! there is so much to tell!) so please check back soon :]

No comments: