Tuesday, September 29, 2009

run faster, run faster

Dearest Blog,

I want to express my sincerest apologies for neglecting you for so long...this summer sped by in a mad rush of travels and adventures, and upon returning to Tucson, I found myself back in a new house surrounded by a sea of boxes, with million new projects and ideas and hardly enough time to sort through everything.

Most of my time these days is split between either sitting hunched over a desk or computer, or climbing things and hanging upside down (seems like a good balance - right?) I'm designing/drawing and rehearsing for the All Souls Procession and other ventures, working on various freelance projects (one of which could potentially involve illustrating a graphic novel about circus aerialists - I won't pretend that I'm not tremendously excited), learning Flash, and planning/madly scribbling down ideas for a show in the spring at Lulubell with two of my good friends/roommates Kim and Margarita. There's definitely more going on that I'm forgetting, I'm sure, but that's what happens to be floating at the top of my head at the moment.

I just returned from performing the Rusalki piece in Arcosanti with Flam Chen for Earthdance. This was my second time performing in the space, and it is such a magical experience to be there - I hope I have the chance to come back again. Who knew that a pretty simple idea for Continuum more than half a year ago would continue to grow and grow and take us to a place like Arcosanti...? (And what other wonderful places are out there just waiting for us to perform there....?)

But! Enough words...to try and make up at least somewhat for my inappropriately prolonged absence, here are some pictures of my summery whereabouts in no particular order. I hope you enjoy...





Jerome, AZ




Arcosanti, AZ



Arcosanti


Arcosanti


Arcosanti


Arcosanti


Arcosanti


Flam Chen performing for Paolo Soleri's 90th birthday in the Arcosanti vaults...






140ft above the ground, suspended from a crane - yours truly on the left



San Francisco airport



China Town









Seattle Science Fiction Museum




train ride from San Francisco to Portland.



Next time: new work! more project details! Potentially ridiculous flash animations! Excessive use of exclamation marks! (Well, I'm not so sure about that last one...)

I hope you're excited - I know I am.

No comments: